Search Lake of the Ozarks Lodging, Things to Do, Events and Businesses by Region
Region Key / Legend:
Willmore Lodge and The Bagnell Dam Historical Museum
1 Willmore Lane
Lake Ozark MO 65049
Mon - Fri: 8 am to 4:30 pm; Sat: 9 am to 3 pm; Closed Sundays and Holidays
Located just northeast of Bagnell Dam on Business Hwy. 54. This historic 29 room log building was completed in 1930 by the Union Electric Company (now Ameren UE). It served as an administrative and entertainment center for the mammoth Osage River project. This Osage River Project was of such magnitude that it destroyed And displaced five towns, and created The Lake of the Ozarks which is a man-made lake with a shoreline rivaling Lake Michigan in length. The Lake of the Ozarks created a new tourism economy in central Missouri that thrives to this day. The Willmore Lodge building is on the Historical Register and has been refurbished saving its historical charm. The building emphasizes the Adirondack style of architecture and furniture. A Visitors Center and a museum specialize in the history of Willmore Lodge, the Lake of the Ozarks area, and Bagnell Dam . The museum shows the area before the dam, building of the dam, how the dam works, and its wildlife. It is available free of charge during the hours of the visitors center. The building also houses the offices of the Lake Area Chamber of Commerce. Special uses for the building can be requested after hours by contacting the Visitor’s Center. The Willmore Lodge, Visitor’s Center, and Lake Area Chamber are open all year.
Open April - December